Saturday, January 19, 2013

Teaser, Chapter 8, "Lullabies & Eternal Love"


“Look, I’m sorry I was short with you,” I began.

Alec clutched at his heart.  “Damn, did you just apologize?  Cause, dude you should give a guy some warning.  I might have a weak heart or something.  You could kill me.”

“Shut the fuck up or I’m going to take back the apology,” I tried to sound angry, but couldn’t help grinning at him.

Alec laughed.

I thought about the fact that I usually confided my troubles to Jasper; except that this was one time I couldn’t do that.

“I’m just…”  I blew out a breath and ran one hand through my hair in frustration. “Don’t you breathe a word of this to Jasper because I don’t want it getting back to my sister.” I leveled a serious look at Alec.

He shrugged and lost the smile.  “Sure, man.”

“It’s just that we have all these people staying in our house, and it’s getting on my nerves.  Every night, Bella is surrounded by them when I get home, if it’s not Alice then it’s Christopher or even Katja who seem to monopolize her time…”

Alec pursed his lips.  “So you’re feeling neglected? Ignored?  Like you’re not the center of Bella’s universe anymore?”

I winced.  “Not sure about the last part, but yes, I suppose I feel a little of those other things.”  I sighed.  “Bella’s not doing it on purpose.  She’s trying to be everything to everyone, but at the end of the day, there doesn’t seem to be a whole lot left for me…” I trailed off, not sure that I even knew what the hell I was rambling on about.

“Ohhhh,” Alec nodded sagely, “so it’s about sex.  You’re not getting any…”

“I didn’t say that!” I exclaimed, irritated that, once again, he was right.  “You know what? Never mind, forget I said anything.”

“Dude, would you calm the fuck down.  Believe it or not, I am capable of giving good advice.”
I looked at him skeptically.

“It’s the fucking truth,” he said with a smirk.  “Ignoring the fact that you may need to see a doctor about having your balls surgically reattached…”

“Fucker,” I barked out a laugh as I picked up my baseball cap from the side table and threw it at his head.

TO BE CONTINUED...




No comments:

Post a Comment