Monday, September 17, 2012

Teaser - 'Lullabies & Eternal Love' Chapter 7



“Hey, Rose.” I answered as I crawled back into bed.

I heard her snort out a laugh.  “At least I only interrupted sleep and not sex.”

I shook my head, even though I knew she couldn’t see. 

“I already apologized to Edward for waking him up.  I thought he would be leaving for the studio by now, and I couldn’t wait any longer to speak with you.”

“What’s going on?” I felt Edward move and turned to see him lying on his side, watching me.

“I wanted to warn you that there are a ton of photos from yesterday all over the internet.”

Shit

“How embarrassing are they?” I began to worry.  The photos had been on my mind, “I mean, did I flash my underwear or anything?”

I bit my lip as I felt my face begin to flame.

Rose chuckled.  “Uh, no.  Your undergarments are not an issue, Bella.  The photos that are drawing the most attention are those of you clutching your baby bump after Lou helped you to your feet.”

Double shit

“The gossip sites are going crazy.  I’m serious now; you may want to consider staying in hiding for a few days.  You don’t want a repeat of yesterday.”  Her tone had lost all humor.     

Suddenly, I could hear Emmett’s booming voice in the background. 

“Is Emmett okay?”

“Yeah, but he’s not going to be if he wakes Whit.” Rose’s whisper yelled at my brother.  “Emmett, quiet down.”  I heard the muffled sound of movement.  “He wants to speak with you Bella.”

“Okay.”

“Bells?” Emmett’s voice sounded loudly in my ear. 

“Yeah?”

“Me and Pops think you should come home.”

“Emmett…”

“I’m serious.  Those fuckers won’t be happy until they draw blood, and then sell the photos of it to the highest bidder.” He was livid.  “Now, are you going to talk to Eddie, or do I need to.”

“Emmett, I am not coming home.” I said insistently, causing Edward to immediately sit up.

“What’s going on?” he asked; a worried look on his face.

I pulled the phone from my ear.  “Evidently, there are photos from yesterday which make it apparent that I’m pregnant.”

“Is Eddie right there?” Emmett’s voice sounded loudly.  “Let me speak to him, Bells.”

“Before I do, know one thing,” I eyed Edward as I spoke, “you two better come up with a solution that does not involve me coming home, because that’s not going to happen.”

With that, I handed the phone to my husband.
TO BE CONTINUED...


1 comment:

  1. I could not see Edward siding with Emmett to send Bella home. Edward can't be a part from her at all..

    ReplyDelete