Durin’ that time, Edward phoned me every single
mornin’ and every night before I went to bed.
He told me over and over how much he loved me and assured me that
everythin’ would be okay.
“Bella, please stop worrying, you’ll make yourself
sick.” He told me, the distress evident in his voice. “I’m coming down next weekend, and if things
haven’t changed, we’ll take a test
okay?”
“Okay,” I answered in a meek voice.
I knew he was worried. He tried his best to hide it, but I knew.
“I love you, Bella.
Everything will work out; you’ll see.
If… well, if…” he didn’t need to spell out what he was thinkin’
“If
there’s a baby…”
“We can get married, and you can move up here and go
to school with me.”
Gettin’ married at sixteen was a completely
ridiculous idea. But when I considered
bein’ married to Edward, it didn’t seem quite so absurd.
After all, this was the boy who knew me better than
anyone else in the entire world. I loved
him with my whole heart, and when he told me that everythin’ would be okay, I
had to believe him.
But then I would think of my Daddy bein’ all alone
if I left, and the melancholy would creep back in.
TO BE CONTINUED...
No comments:
Post a Comment